Sunday, July 17, 2005

Trusting the Solution Before Our Eyes

I don't know about you, but I've certainly noticed a pattern for me that involves gravitating to the "hard work". If I am creating something for a new service offering, I feel the need to start from the ground up. If it's personal change I'm facing, I often think I need to identify a profound strategy to adopt, followed by an intensive period of incorporating the change in incremental steps. Through my own coaching I've learned that sometimes the solution is very simple and may be right in front of my eyes. It may even be something that I can adopt literally overnight. Learning to trust serendipity more can save me an inordinate amount of time and effort and I have a growing realization that my intuition rarely leads me astray. When I am coaching my clients and they are feeling a loss as to what the solution to the problem is, it is rare that they genuinely need me to help them to develop a solution. Typically they already know the answer and simply need to give themselves permission to adopt the simple approach. Or they simply need a partner with them to help them clear away the distractions from what they already know to be true. So... relative to what you are currently wrestling with...what is the solution staring back at you??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home